The mission of the Department of Electrical Engineering is to:
- Provide undergraduate and professional education through programs that prepare students for the workplace, stress the development of the total person, and begin a process of lifelong learning.
- Provide graduate education and training in the skills of advanced research.
- Contribute to the base of technical knowledge by conducting research and scholarship and by disseminating the results of those programs.
- Support the engineering professions by service in the appropriate professional organizations.
- Serve the needs of the state and region by appropriate outreach programs and by support for industrial development.